1. Verify your entire house is out. Check fuses or breakers.
2. If you have determined your home is out of power, unplug any appliances you were using when the power went out. Leave a light on so you know when power is restored.
3. If your power remains out for more than a few minutes:
4. Report the outage online or call Berkeley Electric's Outage Line at 1-888-253-4232. If you are not calling from your service location, or if the number you are calling from is not listed on your account, you will need the account number or phone number on the account - and any details related to the outage. Please let us know if you heard a loud bang, saw damaged equipment, or if your neighbors have power, but you do not.
5. If the outage is widespread, our phone lines may be busy when you call. Please be patient; your call is important to us.
6. When you report an outage, provide as many details as possible. If you heard a loud bang or your neighbors have power, let us know. This will help us restore power as quickly as possible.